Slip and Fall Accident Attorney San Antonio Texas
Have you been injured because of a slip and fall accident at a business or on private property as a result of someone else’s negligence? Slip and fall accidents are a specific type of premises liability claim. As with any premises liability claim, you must first prove that the property owner knew or should have known that there was a dangerous condition. In addition, you must prove that he failed to fulfill his duty with regards to his property. Furthermore, you must prove that you were acting in a reasonable manner.
Slip and fall accidents can happen from many different types of conditions. Some of the most common conditions are:
- Negligent care of sidewalks
- Loose hand rails on stairs
- Unsafe or narrow stairways
- Changes in flooring
- Poor lighting conditions
- Wet floors or debris on floors
- Safety code or Building code violations
If you are involved in a slip and fall accident, the following steps should be taken:
- Call the police even if it seems unnecessary. Many property owners will deny any wrong doing and will attempt to blame the injured person claiming that it was the negligence of the injured party that caused the accident, not their own negligence.
- Seek medical attention after your slip and fall accident. You could be more seriously injured than you realize, therefore seeking medical attention is important.
- If you are able, talk to anyone that may have witnessed the accident. Pay close attention to what they saw because this could be extremely important to your claim. Also, make sure to get the witnesses’ full names and phone numbers.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident area.
- Inspect the area surrounding where the slip and fall accident occurred to determine what caused you to fall.
- If you are in a store, immediately notify a store manager. You should fill out an incident report and get a copy of the report if possible.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, I can help you with your claim and if necessary, file a lawsuit on your behalf. At Amanda L. James Law, I will work closely with you to get the compensation and justice you deserve. Call me at (210) 598-8286 or contact me online today for a free consultation. I am dedicated to getting you the compensation and justice you deserve. I serve San Antonio and surrounding areas including Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country.