Construction Accident Attorney San Antonio Texas
Construction accidents account for one in every five fatalities in the United States each year. Construction workers are routinely injured or killed each year. Texas leads the country in construction accident fatalities. Between 2003 and 2012 there were over 4500 construction accident fatalities in the state of Texas.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) the four most common causes of construction accidents are:
- Falls – from improper scaffolding and unprotected sides or wall openings
- Being struck by falling objects or construction vehicles
- Caught in between trenches during excavations
Other causes of construction accidents are:
- Unsafe working conditions – safety code or OSHA violations
- Dangerous work areas that lead to slips and falls
- Defective Equipment
If I Am Injured in a Construction Accident What Type of Compensation is Available?
- Workers Compensation – if your employer subscribes to Workers Compensation coverage, then your medical bills and lost wages are reimbursed according to the strict guidelines of the workers’ compensation coverage. You are not allowed to hold your employer liable for your injuries.
- Non-Subscriber – if your employer does not subscribe to Workers Compensation coverage, then you can file a claim for medical expenses and lost wages. You could potentially recover more in compensation if gross negligence was involved.
- Third Party Liability – if a third party is responsible for the conditions that led to your accident, you could file a personal injury claim in addition to the workers’ compensation claim. Third parties include owners, architects, contractors, and equipment manufacturers.
Most employers and their insurers will attempt to get you to settle for much less than your claim is worth. Also, families receive no benefits from workers’ compensation. If you have been injured in a construction accident you need an attorney to investigate the actions of all the parties involved from your employer to any third party that may be liable. Investigating the accident is critical to the case and should be done as soon as possible after the accident has occurred. You need an attorney on your side who can fight your employer, any liable third party and their insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
Call me at (210) 598-8286 or contact me online today, so I can review your case to determine the legal options available to you and your family. I will work closely with you to ensure you get the best legal representation and get you and your family the justice and compensation you deserve. I serve San Antonio and surrounding areas including Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country.