Burn Injury Attorney San Antonio Texas
Burn injuries can be extremely traumatic and are the most painful injuries a person can endure. In Texas, burn injuries often happen in industrial accidents, construction accidents or by the negligence of others. These injuries often result in severe pain with many years of surgery, skin grafts, and therapy. Some accidents that cause burn injuries include:
- Automobile accidents which cause the car to become overcome by flames
- 18-wheeler accidents resulting in fires
- Electrocutions from faulty products and/or equipment
- Fires in the home caused by faulty products, poor wiring, arson, etc.
Burn injuries do horrific damage to tissue and recovery can be difficult. Burns are classified in terms of severity. There are four degrees of burns. These include:
- First Degree – These are the least severe burns. These burns are superficial and can be caused by overexposure to the sun.
- Second Degree – These burns go through the dermis and cause blisters and can require skin grafting. These burns result from boiling water/liquids and fires.
- Third Degree – These burns are very severe. Third degree burns penetrate the skin. These burns can result in reconstructive surgery or even amputation.
- Fourth Degree – These burns generally result in death.
Treatment for burn injuries can be more painful than the burns themselves. The healing process can be full of complications such as infection. Burn injuries can require extensive hospital stays, surgeries, and will require a long recovery period.
Severe burn injuries can cause permanent physical disability which include:
- Loss of mobility
- Muscle/tissue damage
- Nerve damage
- Respiratory system damage
- Amputations (loss of limb)
These injuries not only take a physical and mental toll on the victims for the rest of their life, the treatment is extremely costly. These injuries can also cause permanent mental disabilities such as nightmares, flashbacks and mental anguish. When burn injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or incompetence, it is important that you speak to an attorney to help get the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, call me at (210) 598-8286 or contact me online today so that I can help make this stressful time easier for you. I serve San Antonio and surrounding areas including Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country.