Automobile accidents happen all the time. Over the past five years, there have been on average 400,000 crashes each year in the State of Texas. In Bexar County alone, there have been on average 37,000 crashes over the past five years. Some of these automobile accidents have resulted in fatalities but many of them have resulted in severe injuries.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an automobile accident, it is important to hire an attorney as soon after the accident as possible. Important facts need to be gathered and witnesses need to be contacted. All evidence necessary for your case needs to be preserved. As your attorney, I will begin immediately gathering and preserving the necessary facts and evidence. I will deal directly with the insurance company to pursue a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be secured from the insurance company, I am prepared to fight for you in court.
Types of damages you could recover from an automobile accident
A person injured in an automobile accident can recover for damages caused by in the injury, regardless if the injured person was the driver or a passenger. Damages that may be recoverable are:
- Lost wages – If you have missed work due to an injury you received as a result of an automobile accident you may be entitled to recover the wages you lost during this time.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – If you are no longer able to perform your current job because of the injuries you suffered from an automobile accident, you may be entitled to recover for loss of earning capacity.
- Past Medical Expenses – If you are injured in an automobile accident you are entitled to recover for your “reasonable and necessary” medical expenses.
- Future Medical Expenses – If your injury is ongoing, you could be compensated for any future “reasonable and necessary” costs that you may need to help you recover.
- Pain and Suffering/Mental Anguish – You could recover not only for your physical pain and suffering but for mental anguish as well. If you have fears associated with the automobile accident like not wanting to drive a car or ride in an SUV or truck, you may be able to recover for mental anguish. If you are not able to participate in activities that you could do be prior to the automobile accident such as playing with your children or playing sports with friends, you may be able to recover.
- Disfigurement – If you are left with scarring or some type of disfigurement as a result of the automobile accident you may be able to recover for these damages.
The time after the automobile accident can be stressful for you and your family. While you are focusing on recovering from injuries, you need a caring attorney that will be with you through every stage of your case and give you the personalized legal services you need and deserve. At Amanda L. James Law, you will get just that. You will get an attorney who will work hard to get you the compensation and justice you deserve. I will work closely with you to ensure that you get the best legal representation. Call me at (210) 598-8286 or contact me online today so that I can help make this stressful time easier for you. I am dedicated to getting you the compensation and justice you deserve. I serve San Antonio and surrounding areas including Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country.